Sales / Event Coordinator
- New Client On-boarding
- Foster Relationships with New & Existing Clients
- Facilitate, Plan and Execute All Venue Events (Weddings, Birthday Parties/Social Events)
- Market & Promote Venue to Prospect Clients
- Build Relationships with New Vendors
- Manage Catering Sales
- Acquire Sponsorships/Corporate Sales
- Responsible for Reporting/Budgets for Events and Catering
- Oversee Growth of the Sales Team (including potential interns)
As the Sales & Event Coordinator, you will be responsible for overseeing all event and catering related tasks for Candela La Brea. In addition to handling existing and incoming clients, you will be consistently working on expanding clientele and establishing relationships with other businesses in order to increase events at our venue. You will be required to be in the office five days a week from 10 AM till 6 PM and be working event day/nights/weekends when needed to fulfill individual client needs.
This hired individual will need a balance of event planning, event sales, project management, negotiation skills and a hint of online-tech support skills to assist throughout the planning process and ensure the event matches the client’s vision! You must love being on the phone, interacting with clients in person, negotiating sales contracts, upselling services & making money within a fast-paced and fun-filled, team-environment!
Your day-to-day will include Market Research, Sales Prospecting, Event Planning and Coordinating, Logistics Oversight, and Business Development. You will be reporting to Maria Lopez, Director of Development.
Daily Tasks will Include:
- Oversee event budget preparation, forecasts and final cost reporting for all managed staff and relevant vendors
- Net new sales (catering, weddings, and social events)
- Manage event space, vendor selection, negotiation, relationship, and accountability
- Relationship-building with new and existing clients
- Create reports on market research for new business
- Develop Sales Prospecting & New Business Development Plans
- Maximize the ROI of marketing and promotion of events
- Work directly with clients on all event logistic (menu planning, floor plan, room set up, rental orders, vendor usage, décor, cost, billing and other event related items pertinent to the cost)
- Conduct site visits and entertain clients to promote property facilities and services
- You can offer our clients day of Event Coordinator services for an additional cost.